Imagine being able to replace your lost tooth, not with removable dentures, but with an implant that looks and feels just like a normal, secure tooth. With dental implants from your Kansas City dentist, you can accomplish this. This procedure has become a popular option in dental reconstruction, with over a half a million implants placed every year in the U.S. With their natural appearance and strong fit, dental implants can be your answer to repairing your smile.
Advantages of dental implants include:
- A secure, comfortable fit that looks and feels natural, without the slipping of normal dentures
- No other adjacent teeth have to be ground down or disturbed to hold an implant in place
- You can talk and eat normally without the inconvenience
- You will no longer feel self-conscious about missing teeth
During the implant process:
- Your jaw bone area just below your gums is fitted with metal posts.
- Once in position, the dental implants are mounted securely on these posts, giving you the look and feel of a brand new tooth!
- Not only will your self-esteem improve, but your oral health will as well.
Contact New Mark Dental Care at 816-436-8338 to learn more about our dental implant options.
A dental crown is a restoration that replaces the top part of the tooth. A single tooth that needs to be completely replaced can be restored utilizing an implant-supported crown. The crown is typically made of porcelain, giving the restoration a natural look. It is supported by a titanium “root” and post, implanted into the jawbone. The implant cements the artificial tooth in place, ensuring a sturdy fit and keeping the tooth and surrounding teeth from shifting out of position. An implant-supported crown looks much like the natural shape, size and color of your teeth, giving you a beautiful smile that’s sure to last.Read more about Implant-Supported Crowns